Do you like all of the investments in your investment portfolio? If you own callable securities you may be holding those securities longer than you have in the past. When interest rates rise, the dynamics of your investment portfolio will change. If you haven’t visited your investment strategy recently, 2014 may be a great time to do so.
Jason Williams, Portfolio Manager at Moreton Asset Management, has spent 15 years managing over $2 billion in bond portfolio’s for institutions. He has worked extensively with credit unions and is knowledgeable as to the regulatory environment in which they operate.
During this podcast he will cover:
• Tapering: what does it mean and how might it affect your investment portfolio
• Strategies for investing in a rising interest rate environment
• Better and more efficient execution for buying and selling bonds and certificates of deposit
This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy securities. Prepared for informational purposes only based on information generally available to the public from sources believed to be reliable. Credit unions management should consult a financial advisor for specific advice regarding investments.
Full Presentation (or scroll down to listen to individual chapters):
* Fed Tapering Bond Purchases
* How it might affect your investment portfolio
* Bond Price vs. Yield
* Strategies for Investing in a Rising Rate Environment
* How to create a Bond Ladder
* Bond Market Classifications
* Transparency in the Bond Market
* The Difference between how stocks are traded and how bonds are traded.
* Steps in Managing your Investment Portfolio
* Regulations Affecting Credit Unions